Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Going back to Cali...Cali...Cali

Nah, I don't think so. We've just gotten over the last Cali trip. It's one of those places that make you appreciate where your from. I mean they don't have ANY sweet tea or county music!!! The lyrics to that Hank song "If Heaven ain't a lot like Dixie" come to mind. I really don't know how I survived. I LIVE on sweeeeet tea and their idea of sweet tea was this raspberry flavored tea-like water. I told the waiter that what he had brought me was raspberry tea and not sweet tea, and he looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language! From then on I stuck with Dr. Pepper (when available) or Coke. You can never go wrong with Coke.

But seriously, we had a great trip. The wedding was beautiful. The kids had loads of fun. Madison and Cassandra (the grooms niece) had so much fun being flower girls that they decided going down the aisle once wasn't enough, so when they got to the front they turned around and went back to do it all over AGAIN! Too funny! Besides the couple of hours in the ER for Madison's dislocated elbow everything thing was great. The first thing Jacob said when we landed in Birmingham was that he missed Aunt Jo Jo.

Here are some pictures I took during the festivities.



3 comments:

Tesney said...

I'm glad you posted those pics...the wedding looks like it was fun! I laughed out loud..."You can never go wrong with Coke." You are so funny. Can we please get together soon? I feel like we never see you guys anymore!

hicksfamilycircus said...

HEEEEYYY Ya'll. I was rambling around and found your blog. It's adorable and I can not believe your baby girl had grown up so much since we left. It's almost been a year and we miss you guys. Hope all is well and hug everyone for us.

Anonymous said...

WOW --- I finally made a blog posting :-D

Love your pictures!!!! You truly have a good eye. Thanks for being a part of our special day.

Love -- Aunt JoJo and Uncle (aka Mr) Kurt